Handling Students’ Attention
Memorizing Students’ Names
- Did I called students with their names?
- Did I mostly called students on one side of the room?
- Did I mostly address students as class or individually (usually random call)
Set and Closure
- Did students follow the first half of the set?
- Did the students mostly turned to their right or left (right if they read the poem; left if they have never before it.
- Did the students participated when I asked them?
Building Class Relationships
- Do I know my students or do keep asking the general class?
- How do I address my students? Formal? Informal?
- How many times did I address the whole class by saying “guys”?
- What facial expression am I making?
- Describe my movement throughout the class.
- How did my gestures affect my teaching?
- Do I have mannerisms while teaching?
- How much eye contact am I making?
- Am I giving enough amount of pauses for allow students?
- How do I secure students’ attention?
- Do I wait for students to listen before I begin?
- What kind of signals am I giving through voice and body language to get students’ attention?
- Am I giving clear directions?
- Do I use board or handouts?
- Am i giving the right amount of time?
- Do I follow up how much time is remaining?
- How do I check-up students’ knowledge and engagement?
- Do I keep students on task?
- Do I have a follow up activity for students who finish early?